With two kids, a job, and a marriage, the toughest question to answer now is, “What’s for dinner?” Whenever I ask my husband, his reply is, “I’ll think of something.” But it’s mostly something undercooked, overcooked or fast food. So I take on the task the majority of the time. (As for my husband, he does the dishes when he feels like it.)
As someone who enjoys cooking, I always fill my fridge and cabinets with food. That way I can dish up anything I’m craving, or whatever is still in the kitchen by the end of the week.
The week has just started, but it feels like the end of the week for me because I’m sick. My son always brings home an illness from daycare, and because he likes to give kisses and share food, I’m not feeling 100 percent.
So what’s for dinner?
I took out half a chicken, from the freezer, to thaw. Chicken is what’s for dinner then.
But it has to be a quick-fixer since I can’t focus due to being sick. Chicken wraps it is.
I found a recipe for chicken lettuce wraps and tweaked it with whatever I had instead. You can check out the original recipe here.
In the end, my husband exclaimed, “This tastes just like the chicken wraps at PF Chang’s!” I’ve never eaten at PF Chang’s, but I’ll take the compliment.
Here’s how to make this quick and easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- 1/2 chicken (or roughly 1 lb ground poultry)
- 5 button mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 stalks celery
- Handful asparagus
- 3 stalks green onion
- 2 Tbsp seasoning soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice, and more to squeeze on top
- In a food processor, chop the chicken, mushrooms, and onion with salt and pepper. Add oil to a pan and fry the mixture for 8-10 minutes.
- Next, chop the celery and asparagus (by hand or in a clean processor) and add to the cooked chicken.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry everything for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the sauce.
- Finally garnish with chopped green onions and more lime juice.
- Enjoy with rice and/or lettuce^-^
Write down this recipe and more in your own recipe book.
Meal planning? Use this planner.
For more products, visit my Shop.