When I was living in South Korea as an expat English teacher, I started cooking for myself. Prior to that, I cooked whatever my mom told me to put together for the family. Once on my own, I discovered that I actually enjoy cooking. And by cooking I mean trying new recipes and developing my own through trial and error.
That’s how I created these Zucchini Pancakes. It was literally a grated zucchini with an egg and salt and pepper. And it’s been my go-to to breakfast ever since.
This quick and easy meal is also great if you’re trying to lose weight. One medium zucchini has roughly 33 calories, while a pan fried egg has about 90. There’s also no need for flour. This meal is completely keto or no-carb. Just mix the zucchini and egg together and you’ve got a very satisfying breakfast or snack.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Oil to pan fry
- Grate the zucchini onto paper towel
- Wrap the paper towel around the grated zucchini and strain out excess water
- Add the strained zucchini to a bowl and add the egg, salt and black pepper. Mix everything together.
- In a heated pan add some oil and ladle in 1/3 of the batter to form a pancake. Continue making pancakes with the rest. (Add more oil if the pancakes stick to the pan.)
- Flip each pancake once the underside is golden brown. Do the same with the other side.
- Then turn off the heat, plate up and enjoy ^-^
Write down this recipe and more in your very own recipe book.
Meal planning? Use this planner.
Did you know that journaling can help you relieve stress?
Check out my SHOP for more products.