Low Carb Beef Fajitas
Choosing to have children is physically and mentally exhausting because it causes the body to change. With both of my pregnancies, I ate every two hours because I had low blood sugar. Naturally I gained more weight and body fat than I would have liked, alongside my pregnant belly.
My second child–a daughter–is now 2 months old, and my body is still carrying excess fat. Exercise sounds like the perfect go-to, but I’m consistently sick because my firstborn–a son–keeps bringing illnesses home from daycare/school. So I have no energy to exercise. (Plus while one child is napping, the other is awake. Finding time to do anything but parent is completely impossible now with two kids.)
I’ve heard that specific foods with intermittent fasting can help with transformative weight and fat loss. I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to intermittent fasting, but I can do with a diet. I went low-carb/keto after having my son. I’m going to have to do the same with my daughter.
For last night’s dinner I made fajitas. This quick and easy meal can easily be made low carb by removing the flour tortilla wraps. I substituted with lettuce instead, and it was just as delicious.
Here’s the simple recipe for Low Carb Fajitas:
- 1-2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- Beef cuts (I used shaved beef)
- Fajita seasoning
- Cut the bell peppers and onion into strips and fry in a pan until they soften and slightly char (about 5 minutes), then remove from the pan.
- Next, fry up the beef with the Fajita seasoning for 2 minutes (or until that beef has reached your desired doneness.)
- Add the bell peppers and onion back into the pan with the beef and mix everything thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat and transfer onto a serving dish.
- Enjoy with lettuce ^-^
Need to remember this recipe or others for next time? Use this recipe book.
Meal planning to save time? Use a planner.
Use journaling or writing to help you process, reflect, and remove stress.
Visit my Shop for more products.