One of the hardest parts about adulting is making meals for yourself. Thankfully there’s one pot pasta. I’ve been making my Easy Creamy One Pot Pasta for several years now, and it’s one of my husband’s favorites.
It’s really simple to prep and cooks in no time at all, which makes it my favorite go-to for dinner. What also makes this an easy dish is its versatility. I like to use angel hair or penne pasta noodles, and I literally add whatever protein and vegetables are in the house. Some days there’s bacon, beef, or chicken; other days there’s spinach, cabbage, or roasted tomatoes.
But where does one pot pasta come from?
As Americans we’d all like to think it’s Martha Stewart’s creation, but the dish actually originates from Italy. Families and restaurants have been dishing this up for their loved ones and customers way before TV, using whatever ingredients they have as well.
Now it can be a part of your kitchen. Give this Easy Creamy One Pot Pasta a go the next time you’re short on time or energy, and enjoy!
Easy Creamy One Pot Pasta
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8-12 minutes
- 4 servings pasta noodles
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Handful asparagus, cut into 2-cm pieces
- 1/2 Kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 c water
- 2-3 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/4 c milk
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Chili flakes (optional)
- In a pot, add the noodles, onion, asparagus, kielbasa, water, and chicken stock. Cover with a lid and cook on medium low until the noodles are ready, anywhere from 8-12 minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked, add the milk, Parmesan, and chili flakes (optional), and mix.
- Serve immediately and enjoy^-^