This quick and easy Soy Sauce Steak recipe was created by my mom. It was something she would whip up whenever last-minute guests came over. And fortunately for my husband and me, it’s something we can easily put together after a long day of work.
All we have to do is grill up some steaks and add a few seasonings and herbs. And voila, dinner is read!
This simple dish is one of hubby’s favorites, and I hope it will be yours too.
Soy Sauce Steak Recipe:
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 steak slabs
- salt & black pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2-1 Tbsp lime juice
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 stalks green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lightly season one side of the steaks with salt and black pepper. Drizzle on a bit of oil and grill the steaks to your desired taste.
- Once cooked, remove the steaks and cut into thin strips (keep the meat juice, as it adds to the overall flavor).
- Then add the soy sauce, lime juice, and more black pepper, and toss to coat. (Add more lime juice and pepper to your liking.)
- Garnish with cilantro and green onion, and enjoy with hot steaming rice.
- Note: This also makes delicious lettuce wraps, with or without rice. Just wrap in lettuce and chomp away ^-^